A story relevant to more than one of my interests!
PR Wire reports that the Japanese chocolate company Mary’s made a grand entrance at the 2017 Salon du Chocolat in Paris with their premium brand Tokyo Chocolate.
Their chef chocolatier Shigeyuki Oishi took part in the opening ceremony the night before the event, pouring sake into a tower of clear masu boxes to gasps of amazement from the crowd, and then presenting his sake chocolate cocktail.
There were also celebrities dressed in chocolate clothing, and a dedicated Japan Area where attendees were given advice on how to blend Japanese flavours with chocolate.
- Original article (Japanese, PR Wire, 28 October 2017)
- Mary Chocolate Co., Ltd. (Japanese)
- Salon du Chocolat report on Mary’s site, with photos (Japanese)
- Salon du Chocolat (English)
- The Japan Area at Salon du Chocolat 2017 (English)